These days everyone still wants to be connected to wifi, even while they’re traveling. Posting your beautiful photos to Instagram, keeping people updated with your Insta-story…adventurers don’t quit just because they go on vacation!
While traveling in Iceland you will be able to find a WiFi signal pretty much wherever you go. Whether you choose to rent a hotspot or use your phone to stay connected to the internet – there are options for you.
In this post, I discuss the various WiFi options in Iceland and how to ensure that you stay connected during your trip!
Watch the video here:
Today I want to go over four ways that you can stay connected to wifi while you’re in Iceland.
Let’s get into it.
International plan with YOUR cell phone provider
- Simple – call to switch it over
- Can easily call with questions about your bill
- Possibly expensive depending on what provider you use, etc.
- Could be limited on data/calls/text
Buy an Icelandic SIM Card
- Simple – swap it out with your current sim card and go!
- Great coverage
- Another thing to do/stop to make before you get started on your journey
Rental Car Company
- Easy! Could already be built into the vehicle
- Convenient! You’re picking up a rental car anyway
- Limited amount of data
- Could have bad service (reporting based on a friend’s recent experience – they spent a lot of money per day and it didn’t help them at all)
Trawire Portable Modem Rental
- Unlimited data for multiple devices (good for families traveling together!)
- Very reasonable daily fee (price varies based on the package you select)
- Airport-to-airport coverage
- Coverage for 98% of drivable areas in Iceland at the highest speed possible
- Local company 24/7 support
- Have to make sure it’s charged
💥 Get 10% off your Trawire modem rental by using my discount code: ICEWIRE (BOOK HERE!)
Pin it for later!