My name is Jeannie, and this is the story of how I sold everything I owned and moved to Iceland.
Let’s rewind a couple of years. We were living in the 3rd biggest city in America, the view out of our window was a Coca-Cola factory. I felt suffocated. I craved nature. A bike ride through the park or a weekend in the countryside didn’t satiate my need. I was unfulfilled and looking for a way out.
Enter our honeymoon.
We chose Iceland for our honeymoon for it’s raw and astounding nature. The diversity of landscapes makes it a destination like no other. Glaciers, waterfalls, volcanoes, northern lights.
I was hooked. I was in love with every minute of every day. I cried on the flight back to the states.
Iceland awakened something in me that I couldn’t ignore and would never be able to turn back from.
We both knew we wanted to return to Iceland, but this time on a permanent basis. We started the process of immigration, and one year later boarded a flight with nothing more than a one-way ticket and two suitcases.
When I was planning my trip to Iceland I had to search all over the internet to find what I was looking for. Where are the best spots to go? What should I pack? What is the weather like?
That’s why I created this blog. To put everything in ONE place. To help YOU discover all of the amazing places that Iceland has to offer.
I wished I could have asked people questions, so that’s why I created a Facebook group – a network of people to bounce ideas off of.
I’m here to help you plan the Iceland trip of your dreams.
Iceland is THE place of my dreams, and I want to share it with you!
Wondering where to start?
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel for new videos every week so you can be in the know about ALL things Iceland planning.
- Download my FREE packing checklist for summer and winter so you’re prepared for the crazy Iceland weather!!
Planning services to get the most out of your trip:
- Iceland Self Drive Guidebooks – a complete resource for planning your Iceland trip from start to finish. Travel tips and maps for the Ring Road, South Iceland, Golden Circle, and Snæfellsnes Peninsula.
- Pre-written Itineraries – Don’t have time to research and just want an itinerary handed to you? Here’s your answer. Created for when you need more than just a guidebook and my custom itinerary is on waiting list! Your trip, planned.
- Custom Itinerary – personalized itinerary and custom map for those who are overwhelmed with the number of options available in Iceland.
I’m SO glad that you’re here, and I can’t wait to help you plan your best trip ever! Have more questions? Contact me here.