Highlands Travel Guide
The highlands are an incredibly beautiful region of Iceland and also the most difficult area to plan for. Completely uninhabited means there are few places for fuel and accommodation, and F-roads and river crossings make driving complicated.
Over the years, I’ve taken several trips to various places in the highlands gathering the best info for you so that you can stop piecing together random information from Google searches. If you’re considering visiting þórsmörk, Landmannalaugar, or anywhere in the interior – this guide is for you!
I wrote this book because there is very little out there in terms of quality information on the Highlands. I had to go to all these areas myself so that I could tell you how to plan a trip!
IMPORTANT: This area of Iceland can ONLY be accessed in the summer months (June-September) and requires a 4wd vehicle. (Road closures/access to the Highlands depends a lot on the weather.)
Stop looking for answers via Google searches and grab this ultimate travel guide instead.
This is NOT your average planning guidebook — it’s in-depth, practical, and user-friendly. From the handy Interactive Map to the checklists and resources, this guide is designed to take the stress out of planning your Highlands trip.
Jam-packed with the type of info only a local would know (that’s me!), this eBook will help you plan your unforgettable Highlands trip from start to finish. From deciding what to pack to mapping out your itinerary of must-see places, this guidebook is your go-to resource.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
This Travel Guide is a digital download. You’ll receive an email containing the electronic file in PDF format (which you can store on your phone, tablet, computer, or print out).
This complete resource for planning your Highlands trip includes:
- Guided itinerary for:
- Highlands of Iceland
- An interactive Google map with layers for:
- Major attractions
- Hidden gems
- Hot springs
- Tour + excursions
- Gas stations + Grocery stores
Included in the book:
- How to plan – when to go, how to get around, what to do, and where to stay
- Month-by-month planning checklist
- Accommodation and transportation options
- F-Roads (what are they and what to expect)
- River crossings
- Camping info
- Best hikes, hot springs, waterfalls
- Tours and excursions
- Photography tips
- Sample itinerary
You’ll receive a PDF file of this book, delivered straight to your email. From there you will be able to print it or download it to your computer, tablet, or phone to take it with you on the go!
Instructions for accessing the map will be included with the Travel Guide. In addition, in order to access the interactive map, you will need:
- A Google recognized email account (used to access the Google Maps App)
- The Google Maps App (available in app stores)
- A Wi-Fi connection is REQUIRED to maintain access and interact with the map.
**Due to the proprietary nature of the content these maps cannot be saved or downloaded to devices.
- Please allow 3 business days from the time of purchase to be added to the digital map.
- This is an information product only.
- Prefer a custom itinerary tailored to your travel preferences? Click here to learn about my custom planning service.
- Looking for a ready-made itinerary? If you don’t have time to put together your own trip, check out my selection of pre-written itineraries.
- The designs and images included in this Travel Guide may not be copied or shared in whole or in part. All photos included are my own.
- Due to the nature of digital files, this purchase is non-refundable. If you have any questions about this product you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org